About Dholera SIR (1st SMART City of India).
The SIR will broadly comprise of various zones including residential, commercial, financial, manufacturing, processing, entertainment and institutional and others in addition to the world class infrastructure in terms of road, water, sanitation and other facilities. Taking into account various factors like availability of govt land, population of the affected villages, flooding in the area, proximity to Ahmedabad, closeness of ports and airport locations, a final delineation has been worked out for SIR, which comprises of 22 villages of Ahmedabad District of which 19 are of Dhanduka Taluka and 3 are of Bharvala taluka. An area of around 872 Sq. Kms. Will be delineated as the SIR area. However, actual urban development of SIR area would be approximately 500 Sq. Kms (50000 Hectares).
As an anchor tenant three major national and international developers showed their interest to develop various amenities within the Dholera SIR during recently concluded VGGIS 2011 event. They include Nano City by Mr Sabir Bhatia and group, Industrial cum Urban Mixed Park by USEL, and Water Front City by the Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd., amounting to around Rs 1 lac crore.
- To provide for establishment, operation, regulation and management of large size Investment Regions and Industrial Areas in the State of Gujarat.
- To specially enable their development as global hubs of economic activity.
- Supported by world class infrastructure, premium civic amenities, centers of excellence and pro-active policy framework.
|Dholera SIR : Ideally located, widely connected... |
- Total Area : 920 sq. kms: a green field location
- Developable area: 567.39 sq. kms.
- High Access Corridor: City Center, Industrial, Logistic, Knowledge
- & IT, Recreation & Sports, Entertainment
- World-class infrastructure & connectivity: within & outside
- Central spine express way & Metro Rail to link the SIR with mega cities
- Airport & Sea Port in the vicinity
- Proximity to mega cities: Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Vadodara
- Benefit of sea coast, nature park, golf course
- Premium civic amenities
- Capable to cater to both International & Domestic Market
- Close to Guajrat International Finance TechCity (GIFT)
- Close to Petro-chemicals and Petroleum Inv. Region (PCPIR)
- Logistic support of the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DMIC).
- Benefits of the high impact Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
- To be linked with Ahmedabad city with metro rail system
- Public investment in core infrastructure
Dholera SIR : A Self governed global centre of economic activities...
- Empowered mechanism for administration
- Autonomy in operaions
- Flexibility in decisions
- Freedom in planning
- Commitment to adopt best practices
- Full potential for private sector participation
- Fully developed environment & framework for PPP
- PSP modes : BOT, BOOT etc already optional
Project Higlights and Opportunity:
Dholera SIR: Highlights
A self governed economic region enjoying full support of the government and full potential for private sector participation
Logistic support of the Delhi-Mumbai Dedicated Freight Corridor linked with efficient rail and road network.
To be linked with Ahmedabad city with metro rail system
Proximity to sea port, Closeness to international airport
Premium civic amenities
Close to Gujarat International Finance City (GIFT)
Close to Petro-chemicals and Petroleum Inv. Region (PCPIR)
Autonomy in operations
Flexibility in decisions
Single window clearance
Dispute Resolution mechanism
Town Planning Scheme (TPS) no. 1 to 6 is finalized.
Tenders for selection of consultants for preliminary design of roads
- including utilities for TPS no. 2 have been floated
Pre-feasibility study completed by M/s Feed Back Ventures
Location identified along with details of the area
The work on the central spine road already started
Notification issued for delineation of 879 Sq.Km Area as DSIR
Government allocates 1700 Hect. land for adjoining Airport
Anchor Tenants already in place
Development Plan sanctioned on 10 /09/2012
Water logging, seismological & environment studies underway
The legal framework enacted: The SIR Act 2009
Project development corporation (GICC) formed
2014 Budget Provisions for Dholera SIR:
- 3,000 Cr. to Develop 22.5 Sq. Km. Activity Center·
- Site Clearance granted to Airport
- 10 Crore for Airport to be developed by PPP
- FDI Norms Relaxed particularly for Smart city Development
- - in Joint Venture upto min. 30 CR & 20,000 Sq. Mt. Area
- SIR construction work to be started from Q1 2015
- Announced Mumbai Ahmedabad Bullet Train by PPP
- Allocated 100 Crore for Ahmedabad Metro Train by PPP
- Modi Govt. gave Environmental Clearance to SIR Project in Aug 2014
- 1st Phase of Metro Rail Budget of 10,337 Cr Sanctioned in Oct 2014.
- Environmental clearance was given by the Govt on July 30, 2014
Singapore Based Capitaland Investment Trust along through its
- Indian arm Isobar Global Holdings has reportedly acquired 3000
- acres of land in DholeraSIR to develop state of art logistical hub.
Mahindra Lifespace Developers Limited (MLDL), the real estate and
- infrastructure development arm of the Mahindra Group plans to
- develop Business City in the Mahindra World City format at
- Dholera SIR across 3000 acres.
Sabeer Bhatia’s company Nano Works Developer Gujarat Pvt Ltd,
- has entered into MOU with Govt of Gujarat to acquire 1500 acres
British infrastructure development Halcrow was contracted as the
- master planners. Cisco and IBM have got the contract to develop
- Dholera as a smart city. This means, Dholera Sir will have a
- centralised digital control of all infrastructural facilities such as
- water, power and gas traffic through an underground sensor
- system reporting to a central control room.
SIR Work is expected to start by early 2015 in phases.
Opportunities in Dholera-SIR:
- To build the industrial parks, townships, knowledge cities
- In building its infrastructure: road, rail, hospital, water, sanitation, tourism, and hospitality
- Set up the metro rail system & international airport
- Potential for development as a multi-modal transportation hub due to lesser distance to all the northern Indian States.
- Build world class transport service foreign markets
India's PM Narendra Modi on Dholera SIR
Media on 1st Smart City of India - Dholera-SIR:
Vibrant Gujarat 2013 Partner Companies: